If you are intending to camp and has no experience in the subject, read ourcamping tips and if you prevent against the pierced and the monkeys. In this article we list 30 quick tips that everyone should know before making his first camp.
- Your first concern is, of course, the tent.Consider sizes, brands, models, climate and location of the camping.
the) makes and models: it is always advisable to buy a waterproof tent to avoid surprises. Capri tents, these simple that we purchase at the grocery store, are not waterproof. To use them, it is advisable to assemble an gazebo up for it as a precaution, or use them in any environment like gymnasiums and classrooms. But if you come wind, rain or the gazebo saves. The bottom of Capri is usually more resistant tents, but not secure heavy rain.
Tents with advances are much more useful, especially in case of rain. In progress you can leave shoes, some dirty equipment and even cook them when it’s raining. Another important thing to consider are the mosquito nets. They are super important to ensure a peaceful sleep, especially in the summer. Before you buy your tent, read reviews. In Forum Mochileiros.com there is a section just on tents. There are tents that are self supporting and those that are not. The first you ride and they are perfect even without being laid down on the floor. This gives you good flexibility to change the location of the tent, without having to disassemble it, case note that location you chose is not cool. Those that are not, are self supporting disadvantage the opposite, but generally are lighter because they need less structure.
- b) size: In a tent for 2 people, for example, settle well 2 people without backpacks.If you want to be comfortable in a tent with (the) girlfriend (), for example, the ideal is one of 3-4 places.Another factor that will influence the decision of the size of the tent is the type of camp you’re going to be. If you have to carry a tent on the back for long periods, consider the lighter, even at the expense of comfort. But if the car/bus arrives near the camping or you’re carrying the tent for short periods of time, opt for the more comfortable.
- c) climate: To warmer locations the ideal are the tents bigger and with greater ventilation allowing greater air circulation for cold climates, the minors are more advisable because they save more body temperature.Be sure to consider factors such as possibility and intensity of rains and winds.For sites with a lot of wind, for example, it is not advisable to use tents with only a stick because they are much less stable.
- d) If your tent has sobreteto, remember that he can’t stay glued to the inside of the tent.A montage well done tends to eliminate this problem.This precaution prevents condensation of breath avoiding too that you agreed with several drops of water overnight. Anyway, a tip is to use balls (bladders), these child’s birthday. Fill a little and place between the inside and the sobreteto. Even in case of very cold, remember, your breath need to leave not to condense.
NOTE: in addition to the common stalls, you can camp with bivaques (compact shelters for 1 person), or mount a shelter with canvas. We’re not talking about any of these options do you have experience with them.
- In time to assemble your tent, look for places clean and remove all pebbles and twigs that may damage the background material of your tent.Try to leave the surface as flat and clean as possible.
- Before leaving, mount your tent at home.First to learn how to ride it and don’t pass perrengue in camping.Second to see if the tent is ok, there’s no hole, tear and if all parts are there.
- Do not use canvas under the tent.Even leaving pieces out, the risk of empoçar water over the tarp in case of rain.If that happens, it may be that your tent floor sealing can’t handle hold the water empoçada there. But if you go camping in gymnasiums and classrooms, the tarps are welcome.
- If you have a small tent but want a little more room, bring a tarp, rope and espeques.With that you can mount a cover for your tent and has space for other tasks such as cooking, without getting wet in case of rain.If you can make a corbertura in L or U, even better. Do it against the wind, which will ease in time to cook.
- Never, never, never ever even use canvas over the tent in direct contact with the ceiling with the intention to protect it against rain.The canvas will overheat the tent and do your breathing condensation wet everything inside.The canvas above can only be useful if you can stretch it stuck or tied to trees or posts without her having any kind of contact with your tent.
Thermal insulation mattresses and sleeping bags:
- inflatable mattresses are very comfortable and great for cold days because they are excellent thermal insulation.But beware!Inflatable mattresses can be real villains in the summer, especially if there is more than one person in the tent. They heat up! Another thing you can’t forget: before the trip, for God’s sake fill your mattress and check for holes. Just imagine the disorder if you discover it in the camping?
- If not take mattress, the thermal insulation is a must.There are insulators of Eve (of various thicknesses) and inflatable isolators (different mattresses) which are more expensive, but also more comfortable.
- The sleeping bags are not indispensable in mild temperatures.There are sleeping bags in the market for hot times.In winter, however, you need the sleeping bag. Believe me! Especially if you’re camping in the mountain and only make it to the camp through long trail. There are some good options on the market of relatively lightweight sleeping bags and that warm well. For camping in the winter, if the cold is too intense and the sleeping bag is not realizing, warm water and place in a pet bottle or container and leave it in the bag before you enter it. Close the bag so that it retains the heat.
- Study the site.
the) higher for places where you can set up your tent.
b) Avoid depressions and holes that could be flooded.
c) watch the path of water in case of rain. Avoid possible locations.
d) if it is set up your tent under a tree, avoid fruit plants and trees producing cones and the like. If a fruit or a pine cone fall off the foot you can do some damage in both the tent and in your head. The trees also attract birds, which surely will make your needs upon your tent! How about?
and) Avoid camping near ponds or places where water can empoçar, especially if it’s way of cars and wagons.
- f) find out where the sun rises and what location it hits later.Especially if you don’t like to get up early.Browse mount your tent so you get back to the place where the sun rises.
g) the direction of the wind is also an important factor to consider. He can freshen up your tent in a hot environment or destroy it if it is too strong.
h) avoid mounting the tent in important gaps so that you’re not slipping overnight for one side or another or down. Sleep level is essential for a good rest.
I) watch the nest of zangadinhos animals such as Quero-Quero. You don’t want to take a ‘ take ‘ of a pet.
j) Careful also with sites where there are horses, especially in the dry season. You can get the famous micuins (carrapatinhos) or ticks-star and spend the entire ride scratching.
Choosing the ideal camping
- If you are camping in a structured field or beach in the city, choose locations that have kitchen available for campers.Most campgrounds well structured offers stove, fridge, table, Cookware, cutlery and the like.Also essential is to choose one that has good structure of toilets, especially if the time chosen for your trip is high season.
- Very important also is to set up your tent near points of light and water, when available.Can save and bring more convenience.
If Wild camping, so you can’t choose structure, right? 😉
Other general tips:
- If Wild camping and your car is well near the site, take a cooler to keep your food.So that they are protected from heat, moisture and animals usually hanging around the place.Never throw food scraps or let them near the tent. I’m sure the smell will attract some unwelcome inhabitant.
- Watch the bonfires.They can be extremely dangerous if they are made anyway.Isolate the area and care of your equipment. Respect the places where campfires are prohibited.
- Never, ever let your tent open.You may receive unwanted visits of meddlesome insects, mosquitoes and poisonous animals.If they get in on your tent, can cause a serious accident and ruin your trip. If you don’t have a lot of time away from the tent, the ideal is that you hold the zippers with a padlock to ensure that no Dork is going to steal some of your stuff.
- Secure your tent with the espeques and the strings.Very open and high places usually suffer incidence of strong wind.If the tent is a bit loose, the wind can take her away along with what is inside.
- Never leave valuables or cash in your tent in your absence.Never!
- When you go out to near the tent for long periods or to more distant locations, use bags to leave their belongings.Even plastic bags can save your night.That advice is worth a lot especially in the summer, a time of heavy sudden rain showers.
- Some campsites offer good structure for your campers.Search for camping information that you want to be to not get into a hole, especially if there is more than one bathroom available on site.
- If you are taking any electronic device requiring socket, always check the voltage before.
- avoid camping on the banks of rivers and waterfalls.They are sneaky and can cause many problems.
- in the case of Wild camping, choose a location for your physiological needs to be away from your tent and away from water (rivers, lakes and waterfalls).Oh, and don’t forget to bury your waste.
- Always take plastic bags that serve as trash and bring it all back.Never leave trash in nature.
- Never smoke inside the tent.Smoking can accidentally cause holes or marring the waterproofing.
- Never store your tent wet or dirty.If you do not have how to clean your tent in place before storing it, do it when you get home.Dirt mofa and gives bad smell, besides damaging the material and sealing.
- Take tape ducktape type (wide silver stripes) in case of unforeseen issues with the tent material.They are excellent to fix tears, frayed and gender issues.
- Never Cook inside the tent or turn on any gas or similar equipment.Prefer the flashlights and battery lamps.Head lanterns are very useful in a camp.
- where do Wild camping and you don’t want to have a lot of work with food, without giving up good meals, choose freeze-dried food.There are good options available, including online stores, including dishes and various and tasty combinations.If you want to know more about freeze-dried food, see our article on two options of freeze-dried food we experienced the Liofoods.
- assemble a list with items that you can’t forget and go updating your list every trip, including important items and excluding irrelevant.Here we suggest alist of items for camp, but each person has different needs and opinions. Then, assemble your based on your experience and preferences.
- Always be kind and helpful to people.The atmosphere is always very important in a camping.So, don’t worry the patience of other campers with loud music, shouting and stupidities. Good camp is camp quiet! Have education and manners!