We have with us the very latest version of Android to date, Android Nougat 7.1.2 in its first beta version. Is not a version that you install on your phone unless you want to take a look before anyone else to what Google is cooking or are plagued by an error from a previous version, in which case it is worth to try if it is solved.
Android 7.1.2 beta comes about two months after the official launch of Android 7.1.1 and is available from the Android Beta program for Pixel, Pixel XL, 5 Nexus devices X, 6 p Nexus, Nexus Player and device Pixel C. Support is lost on the way to the 6 nexus and Nexus 9 (both 2014).
A maintenance release
Google defines this version as one maintenance update focused on refining the system, fix errors and optimize the performance, with a few improvements for network providers and users. Is not very specific, no.
In the absence of a change more complete list indicating which errors have been corrected, we should be satisfied with the release notes, with some facts and details that you must take into account before you jump to Flash Android 7.1.2 beta:
- This beta version may have problems of stability, use of battery and performance on supported devices.
- Some applications may not run properly in this beta version. This includes Google’s own applications, and the third-party.
- This beta has passed compatibility CTS Test on supported devices. Applications that depend on a build with the last CTS test will operate correctly, as Android Pay.
- This beta is available for Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus Player and Pixel C.
In fact, on that same page some are shown in the known issues This beta version. They are as follows:
- Pixel C devices, quick adjustments may not be visible in some cases.
- Pixel Launcher could close when trying to search applications with a physical keyboard connected.
- Occasional crashes of the interface
- Problems of stability with the Wi-Fi signal
- Black during the transition from the home screen to the Startup Wizard.
- Wi-Fi is turned off at the end of the wizard, even if the user has chosen to complete the wizard using network connectivity.
- The SMS could not be restored during the transfer from device to device.
To download and test Android 7.1.2 you must sign up for Android beta program and wait for the automatic update in the coming days, or download the system image from this page.
- Pixel C (ryu)
- Nexus Player (fugu)
- Pixel (sailfish)
- Pixel XL (merlin)
The rest (6 p Nexus, Nexus 5 X) probably will come later. Not so for the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, which have apparently come to the end of the journey -at least in an official way – with Android 7.1.1. Once the version beta to become official, will be available for download next to other versions as factory image and update OTA.