Honor Pad 2 will not be exactly the successor of the old Honor T1, but is still an unusual device for Honor, that you’re never too dedicated to the world tablet. After the launch of Honor 6X, however, the company was probably in the mood to revive the past, and that’s a surprise also launched this new model.
- Schermo: 8” IPS full HD (1.920 × 1.200 pixel – 16:10)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) octa-core Adreno 405 GPU con
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Memory: 16/32 GB expandable (with microSD up to 128 GB)
- Rear camera: 8 megapixels, f / 2.0 with LED flash
- Front camera: 2 megapixel
- Connettività: LTE (anche per le chiamate), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- Battery: 4,800 mAh
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow con Emotion UI 4.1
It is clear that, in addition to the LTE variant, there is also a Wi-Fi only, in case you did not need the mobile network and the ability to call. Other special functions are not there, so much so that for once we noted the absence of the fingerprint reader, now we’re getting used to write a bit ‘everywhere.
Output and price
According to ELEctronicsEncyclopedia, Honor Pad 2 will be available in China from October 25 in the colors gold and white, at a price very similar to that of the aforementioned Honor 6X, given that this tablet will be divided into three versions:
- 999 yuan,about 135 €, only for the Wi-Fi model with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory
- 1,299 yuan,about 175 €, only for the Wi-Fi model with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
- 1,499 yuan,about 200 €, for the LTE variant, always with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
Prices are perhaps not as compelling as those of Honor 6X, maybe because it is the tablet market not to be particularly competitive, but if you needed a device of this type, it might be worth considering. Be careful though, because we still do not have precise information about his possible arrival on our market, which in any case will certainly be more expensive than that.