The lantern is undoubtedly an indispensable companion for any member of the state security forces or for any private security worker.
In this post we will tell you what factors define a tactical flashlight and what steps we must follow to choose the one that fits us best.
To evaluate a tactical flashlight we have to take into account:
- Its power. The power of a flashlight is defined by the lumens of the same. In this way, we find tactical flashlights of high power (more than 220 lumens), medium (between 220 and 80 lumens) and low (less than 80 lumens).
- Your resistance. At higher resistance our flashlight will withstand shocks and impacts better.It is defined by the material with which it is manufactured. Some of the most resistant materials are aluminum or steel reinforcements.
- Your weight. A tactical flashlight should not be too heavy and is an object we usually carry on, weighing not more than 200 grams.
- Its size. The dimensions of a tactical flashlight must be practical, to facilitate its transport.
- Its useful life. It is usually determined by the energy supply you use (batteries or battery) and by your lamp. In the market we usually find led or xenon flashlights. In our opinion it is always preferable that it be led as it has a much longer life span and works very well as strobes (intermittent).
- Others They are usually variable from the previous ones, it is important to take into account aspects such as laterality or the scope of the flashlight.
Once these factors are clarified, it is convenient to analyze the situations in which we think we are going to use the tactical flashlight and how these factors influence them. For example, if you are going to use it in civilian work it will be important that the size is small, if you need to move fast make sure you do not have excessive weight, etc.
Having these factors clear, we will know what requirements must have the flashlight we need. And remember, the lantern is an article of fundamental defense, such as a vest, good gloves or good tactical boots. If we work in the night shift, the flashlight will be an indispensable working tool, but also if we work during the day as it is possible that we have to inspect dark rooms or places of difficult access in which we can not approach well if we want to examine them. If in spite of these tips you are not very clear why lantern decide you, we recommend our flashlight SHOKE led XPG 300 lumens, a very functional option that adapts very well to multitude of situations.
In any case, remember that if you need advice when choosing a tactical flashlight, do not hesitate to ask customer service in our shop at lightinghowto.com, we will be happy to help you.