Real time technology, touch tables are perhaps changing interactions between man and machine. Not even for the general public, nevertheless they adapt well to certain professional circles who do not hesitate to use them.
What is it?
The tablets are devices sophisticated allowing an advanced and intelligent interaction between the human and the machine, according to PHOtionary.
Somewhat comparable to mobile phones new generation (iPhone, BlackBerry), they have a touch screen on which the user interacts with his fingers, hands or even objects. They also have software that interprets movement, or more exactly the contacts that the user makes through the surface of the table.
Beyond the opportunity to interact with the touch surface with multiple fingers at the same time, some tablets allow several people to use it at the same time.Others, if not of the tablets, are walls or windows using the same principle of operation.
How does it work?
The tablets can be developed according to two distinct technologies:
- The “Diffused Illumination” (DI): this technology uses a multitude of infrared projectors placed below the screen. Once the user key table surface, the spotlight reflect the light emitted by the point of contact to an infrared camera turned to the screen. All movements made by the user are detected and then interpreted by software built into the table.
- The “Frustrated Total Internal Reflection” (FTIR): infrared emitting diodes are placed all along the edges of a plexiglass plate. With this system, the radiation of the infrared beams is actually only confined inside the plexiglass plate. As a result, since light can’t ‘escape’, she reflected and bounces across the surface. Thus, and much like before, when the user key table, the light emitted by the shake-up of the radiation of the LEDs is projected and redirected toward a camera. The software will then take over to interpret movements.
Why use a tactile table?
Beyond the technological support, the touch table can become a real added value for a professional. You will be able to offer the customer a vision of simple, practical and interactive for your product or service. For example, when making a purchase, in addition to the advice you give, you can discuss around the table using demonstrations, sound, etc.
The main disadvantage is obviously the price which can be at first deterrent. For the table from Microsoft, called Surface, count for example €11 000. Prices vary depending on the model of the table, touch screens but also the applications to be integrated into the software that manages and drives the interactivity of the table.
A few key features
- Large screens (about 30 inches) and very graphic resolutions
- Internet access (Ethernet, Wifi)
- Outputs audio
- Detection and interaction with objects
- 2D and 3D design
- Applications multi user and multi touch
- Software adapted to professional activities
The tourism-oriented applications are illustrious examples of what makes the strength of the touch table. Use in a travel agency, will allow the customer to view offers a detailed and interactive way (video, slideshow, virtual tours, atmosphere and pensive sounds), so what he will feel immersed in his trip. It leads somehow his own tour, it’s a bit as if he was there to create a certain click to purchase.
For real estate
In a real estate agency, the touch table can supplement the expertise of the Professional by offering 3D demonstrations to illustrate the proposed procurement.Access to Internet from the table allows to navigate on the web site of the Agency by accessing the same functionality: search, create an account, backup of interesting ads. The software can give the opportunity again to visit the House piece by piece, zoom in on photos, etc.
For the restoration
In the restoration, the touch table can view menus, pictures of the dishes, and the characteristics of the products (price, origin, ingredients) but also and especially to order from the table. Same principle for bars where the customer can ask the waiter to bring him a cocktail at his table without having to leave his place.
For the consumer
In France, a few large companies are beginning to adopt tablets. It is the case for example of France Telecom, Renault Alternatively the SNCF who seek indeed to develop specific applications which may match and adapt their activities and business objectives.
And other areas?
Other sectors of activities may be more concerned with this technology in the future. This is the case of education by the games, medicine, Security or thefinancial sector.
In short, one can easily see that using this technology, the customer/contractor relationships are hotrods, a lot more living, interesting and attractive.
Blank Note Pads Clipart
Here are 6 of the best touchpads for Windows computers
Original Cleansing Cream | Product
Conductive Rubber Button PCB Pads – Electronic Product Design
Denon DJ MC7000 Serato DJ Controller
Shin Han Touch Markers and Pads
Leadership Concept: Leadership Concept On Arranged Sticky …
ORG 2018 Apk Mod Unlock All
Avene Body Skin Care Oil 100ml
Photo gallery: Evelyn Stevens’ Specialized S-Works Shiv TT …
Diary of a Beauty Editor: My First Set of NovaLash Eyelash …
CARLA: Spanish Grammar Strategies
Cascade Bath Stool – Balineum
5X7 WOODY COWBOY BUCKLE PATTERN – OFNAH
IK-Multimedia iRig Midi 2 « MIDI Interface
Molded Silicone Parts, Liquid Injection Molding for LSR …
Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Pad Keyboard Price in Bangladesh
Como atualizar o driver do touchpad do seu notebook
HP Notebook PCs